I am the 21st century journalist



By Saeed Kamalu Bako


I am the 21st century journalist
I want to write with my heart not my hands
I want to write with my heart not my brain
For heart can be sympathetic
And my hands could be influenced by subjectivity
My brain could be influenced by pride.

I want to write in a stream of consciousness
My pen to put down a policy inclusive
The piece will then touch all and not faulty
Let me  proffer solution to all I see which is a menace
Let me be the mouthpiece of the voiceless.

They call me journalist of the 21st century
That who is known for lies and subjectivity
The harbinger of fake news so they named me
With me they feel unsecured and unprotected.

Is this me? So I asked uncountably
I, I mean we are much more than a ready to change the narrative
We will shape the  narrative that will change the media
That media which at the end will change minds and then change the society
And then freedom of speech will precede the well being of my hearthstone.

I pledge to be the bringer of good news
That one which will make the penurious have a sense of hope
My heart will then take the balanced move
The move devoid of politico capitalists influence
And not to be influenced by my brain nor the hands
I am the 21st century journalist
An agent of the fourth estate of the realm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramadan: Month of Ibadat and Repentance

YADDA ZAKA SACE ZUCIYAR YARINYA DA SAURI

Why we need better husbands in our societies.